Digital signature has become important for different kind of industries, managers, management of records, HR employees etc. This latest technology allows storing data electronically from the managers and the employers with minimum efforts. With technology progressions, the days of mailing, printing and scanning copies of documents have become totally outdated. The technology of E-signature has not become popular in all the countries but it has become one of the driving innovations in even the strictest business sectors. One of the important components of e-signature is digital signs because they can provide legal validity, security and efficient management of records while using e-signing method. However there are three main reasons as to why these e-signatures are so important.
Top 3 reasons why digital signatures are an integral part of E-Signing:
There is a slight difference between Electronic signatures and digital signature online. An electronic signature is basically a broad term of which digital signatures are a subcategory. There are some distinguishing features that makes digital signature so popular and gives it an added advantage over the other methods of e-signature.
- Provides additional support and security– Digital signature is considered to be secured than any other methods of e-signatures. The fingerprint that you use provides a unique identity feature which prevents any kind of fraudulent activities. This fingerprint remains inserted in the document so if anyone tries to alter or tamper a document after signature can easily be traced out. This technology make use encryption verification technology which is considered to be the standard verification for identification purposes. The digital signature online makes use of a coded message which helps in identification of the signer.
- Maintains a high standard– The Public Key Infrastructure or PKI standard is one of the common standards common to the digital signing industry. PKI generates a protocol based on algorithm in which two keys are generated by the vendor. This lengthy algorithm is the one that defines the signature. PKI states high standards that have been used for maintaining the security.
- Globally accepted and legal agreement– One of the best things about digital signature is that the signatures are binding on all the documents which are legally binding since they understand that the security code of behavior provided by the vendor is in consistence with the global standards.
- Long term accessibility and retention– The cosigners of a digital signature document can now verify its authenticity without depending on the presence of the vendor in the marketplace. There are many companies of e-signatures that use different methods to regulate the data of the signature but they might not have been universally accepted.
- Independent verification-This e-signature from authorized companies provides a unique identity and independent verification which cannot be changed by any unauthorized and unapproved parties.
Therefore this new technology of digital signing is one which is useful for authentication of documents and ways of transactions. This also ensures that the signature belongs to an intended source and is one of the effective ways of catching defaulters.