Setting up a small business, doing the accounting, and taking care of employees’ payroll are three big tasks besides the daily operation of any entrepreneur’s business.
After successfulcompany incorporation, you may have a good start and would be able to grow your new business quickly.
For a startup, you may have hired new employees to grow your business, and you will still have to deal with accounting and payroll.
The Xerosoftware is a popular accounting software and lets you take full control of your company’s accounting and bookkeeping activities.While the owner has to run the company’s operations, deal with the tax filing, the accounting and the payroll, he/she would be better off by outsourcing to a reputable firm that can handle and provide Xero accounting services.
The ideal software
A properly installed accounting suite or software should provide the following benefits to any startup:
- Sending online invoices with online payment options to maintain the health of the startup’s cash flow.
- At any given time, the software should allow easy tracking of inventory, management of stock and addition of items into invoices and orders.
- A customized dashboard which shows and keeps track of all the cash activities.
- Keeping track of the money in and out with daily updates and simple bank reconciliation.
- Management reports that are highly customizable where the main objective is to let the owner or all the stakeholders to make quick but also solid decisions.
- Letting other external apps to connect to the accounting software whether through a few simple clicks, or through some highly customized technical development.
The main point is that the software should actually free up the owner’s hands, without him/her micro-managing his/her accounting staffs, or dealing with creditors and auditors.
In short, a small business can easily set up and use Xero according to the following steps.
- Set up the bank account feeds.
- Set up the chart of accounts.
- Fill in the company details.
- Set up the financial settings.
- Add users of different roles.
- Add payment services.
- Set up payment reminds.
- Set up the payroll.
- Extract data from the basic reports.
- Add the company brand.
One last bonus to Xero is that it allows business owners to connect with other external apps in many different areas such as marketing, sales, and more.
What the above means is that with a professional accounting software properly installed in place, the daily business of a startup would have improved considerable work efficiency and saved much costs.