Using epoxy resin has boosted enormously in recent years, and there is a reason for this, the countless favorable residential properties of this material.
The Favorable Characteristics of Epoxy Material at a Look:
The complying with properties applies when the epoxy material has healed. This can use up to a week, depending on the item as well as the manufacturer. Please describe the information on the particular product packaging of the product. Also, if the spreading material already seems to be dry, the chemical process will still take some even more time.
- Extremely high stamina
- High abrasion resistance
- Aloof to effect
- Minimal cracking if the substratum is well prepared
- High electric insulation residential properties
- Good acid resistance
- Great warmth deflection temperature level
- Reduced contraction during drying
- Barely flammable in a liquid state
- Great glue homes on mostly all products
- For matching products: Good UV-resistance
- High resistance to weathering
- Really reduced shrinking from liquid to tough state
- The high thickness of approx. 1, 2 grams per cubic centimeter
Incredibly great resilience
The healed epoxy material surface has really high durability. It is incredibly immune to mechanical stress and anxiety. It is additionally corrosion-resistant and resistant to acids.
Negative Properties of Epoxy Material
Epoxy likewise has its downsides, although these are equally small:
- Lightfastness to UV radiation, not 100% assured
- Might cause allergic reactions as well as breakouts in the fluid state touching skin
- Not 100% acid immune with very focused acid
- Elimination of healed material is time-consuming
Is epoxy resin toxic?
Epoxy material and the hardener include materials that should not enter into direct contact with the skin. Straight skin contact can cause allergic reactions and irritation of the skin. It is likewise suggested to make use of the material in well-aerated areas as well as to make use of a respiratory mask with filter and to safeguard the eyes.
To learn about silicon rubber [ยาง ซิ ลิ โคน, which is the term in Thai], please visit the link.